Winter Snowshoe Series - UW Arboretum
Saturday, Mar 6, 2021 (2:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
Join Outdoor UW for a guided snowshoe outing in the beautiful UW Arboretum. Participants will get a basic introduction to snowshoeing techniques and a guided interpretive tour lead by an Arboretum staff naturalist. Participants will also receive a free large Wisconsin Union S'mores Cookie!!!
Directions: We will be meeting at the Arboretum Visitor Center. From the west entrace off Seminole Hwy it is appoximately 1 mile and from the east entrance off Wingra Dr it is approximately 2 miles. Look for the Outdoor UW staff member wearing a yellow vest near the entrance to the visitor center. Once attendance has been taken, we will issue snowshoes and start the instruction.
Map of Arboretum: https://arboretum.wisc.edu/content/uploads/2020/03/2020-March_arboretum-trail-map_F.pdf
*Please dress accordingly. Hats, gloves, and warm layers as we be outside for over an hour.
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- The event will be cancelled 24 hours in advance if inclement weather or poor snow conditions exist. In the event of a cancellation, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will not be issued if participants cancel within 24 hours of event.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Equipment will be provided. Participants must dress accordingly and be prepared for cold winter conditions.
- Safety plan information to be shared with attendees:
- Please come prepared with proper PPE and practice social distancing with those outside your household. Face masks will be required during the event.
- Sanitation plan for any equipment used during the event:
- Leaders will use disinfecting wipes to clean all equipment being used by participants.